Dec 28, 2012

Gratitude

I'm sitting here, at the end of the year, looking back on life. On me. And, honestly, folks, I'm a little sad. Sad about how much I have - and yet feel ungrateful for. I've been thinking, for a while now, that I've got a real thankfulness problem. I've been really encouraged by A Holy Experience to thank God, here and now, for all things. And I've been trying.

It's true.  It helps.

When I remember that the Lord loves me, filters my hard days and tough times through His loving fingers, when I thank Him for the good and the bad, it really changes my perspective.

I have often watched my kids rant or rave about the 'bad' I'm doing (this mostly involves saying no to more time on the iPad, but I digress...) and think to myself, "I do the very same thing toward the Lord! I don't trust Him when He doesn't give me what I want...or does give me what I don't want." So I'm reading One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are and taking the Joy Dare.

I won't be perfect. Or possibly even consistent. But I will seek to be Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment