Oct 26, 2013

Some Summer Fun

Ah, the chilly air is finally here. It's strange, but I don't feel like myself most of the year here in the desert. I'm a scarf, old Doc Martens, jeans, long stripey socks kind of girl. Coffee is best hot. And chocolatey. Most of that doesn't work in the middle of summer, in the middle of the desert.

I think I'm livin' in the wrong climate, folks.

Here are a few pix from our summer.

Hey kids, this substance is called 'water'.

More monsoon shenanigans.

Look what we got from our neighbor!

We said goodbye to a tree in the front yard. Poor tree.

Found a new nature trail!

I hiking, Mama! I wike it!

"What, ain't you never seen someone fill a tire before?"
And in the background,
"I not pwaying wif da air compwessor, Mama. I just wooking."

We got some backyard chickadoodles. Super cuties!

Argh argh argh! Playdate with Grandma V.

I climb rocks.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful....they are growing in spool quickly...Hugs from chilly Pa to our PA gal....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ann3:29 PM

    Great pics! I am so glad that you live in the desert, we should wear some stripey socks and go have some chocolaty coffee as soon as it's cold enough.

    ReplyDelete