Mar 24, 2006

You know you're a new mom when...

So this morning I was standing in my bedroom and I said, out loud to myself, "I feel SO good!" What, preytell, had happened to make me feel good enough to speak to myself out loud? And to say those words?

I had time for a shower AND to do my hair! All on the same day! All without Bubby crying in the background because he wants to get up and play!

How did this happen? Bubby slept late! I don't know why he did, but thank you, Jesus, for the treat.

It's hard being a new mom. You'd think that with a kiddo still (usually) taking 2 naps, that I'd be able to sneak in things like a shower, or putting on makeup, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    old father's tale:
    teaspoon of whiskey will help kid sleep longer

    "not my story"
    the gpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much energy the little buggers take. Nice to have a break in the routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:37 PM

    You know you're a mom when you are willing to sacrifice everything, including all that you once held dear, for that little one calling your name from the crib after a not long enough nap.

    ReplyDelete