Jul 9, 2005

Thursday Night. Sock Monkey Night.

I had no business staying up so late...but once I started I just couldn't stop! Here's what I did while Hubby was at the Pub with some friends.

Isn't he cute? He's made out of some of my Most Favored Socks and stuffed with the stuffing from the previously-stuffed puppy that our Real Puppy, Liebe, tore to shreds a few months ago!

Any ideas what I should name him? He needs a name.

Things I like about my Sock Monkey:
1) He's recycled in AND out! Old socks and old stuffing. I've had the embroidery floss since *gulp* college.
2) He reminds me of my Most Favored Socks, from whence he came.
2) He's got a cute lopsided grin.
3) His arms are bigger than his legs. I think it gives him a quaint weight-lifter kind of feel.

Click here for instructions on how to make Your Own Sock Monkey.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:36 PM

    he is really cute and i would say had lifes before he became "he".
    Which is interesting in itself.
    My idea for a name would be socks, socki, socko, ReSock...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's amazing. I love him. I'm sure EJ will love him! (Does EJ get to play with him or is it too soon for that?) It totally inspires me to go and make something out of socks. I have some nice old argyles somewhere...

    ReplyDelete